Gigabit Internet Speed only getting 30MB upload 20MB Download
transformers

I recently had Fios installed with a triple play package. I am supposed to get 1 Gigabit of internet speed Upload/Download. i only receive about 30GB Upload/Download on my Surface Pro 3 and Iphone/Ipad Devices. I have had 2 techs here and they have no answer. anyone ever experience this? what do you do?

0 Likes
Re: Gigabit Internet Speed only getting 30MB upload 20MB Download
jonjones1
Legend

Wifi is not going to be anywhere near the up to speeds of 940/880 

which although not true gigabyte 1024/1024 but the constraints cannot max out the speeds.

however your really low speeds even under wifi 30 is not good.

call 1-800-VERIZON and tell them to test your connection from their end and then have them tell engineering to provision your gigabyte speeds.

https://www.verizon.com/SpeedTest/instantinternet.aspx

The above link is the only speedtest Verizon Fios accepts. It's a proprietary network and the test must be run via a desktop or laptop directly connected via ethernet to their router. See what the results are that way.

Good Luck

0 Likes
SlowSpeedz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue (21.2 Mbps download/3.66 Mbps upload); however, if I bypass the Verizon-provided router and plug the cable from the wall directly into the back of my PC, my speed tests much higher (300/200). What could be causing this?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@SlowSpeedz wrote:

I'm having the same issue (21.2 Mbps download/3.66 Mbps upload); however, if I bypass the Verizon-provided router and plug the cable from the wall directly into the back of my PC, my speed tests much higher (300/200). What could be causing this?

#1 When you were behind the router:

a) Did you use a wired connection?

b) No one else was using the connection?

c) Parental Controls on the router was off?

#2 What is the exact brand and model of the router?

0 Likes