Gigabit Service and ONT Upgrade
nycplayboy78
Contributor - Level 1

Good Morning my fellow FioSers 😛

I just pulled the trigger a few minutes ago and upgraded from 300/300 to the new Gigabit service from FiOS. My question is that my house was built for FiOS in 2007 brand new and I have my ONT in my garage and it is big white device with a secondary white battery looking thing. Is that an old ONT and if so how do I go about reaching out to Verizon in order to submit a request/ticket to get a new ONT installed in my house because it is the same ONT that I had when I purchased the house 10 years ago. I also have the Quantum Gateway router from Verizon so I guess there would be no need to get a new router from Verizon. I look forward to hearing from yous guys about this 🙂

0 Likes
Re: Gigabit Service and ONT Upgrade
jonjones1
Legend

@nycplayboy78 wrote:

Good Morning my fellow FioSers 😛

I just pulled the trigger a few minutes ago and upgraded from 300/300 to the new Gigabit service from FiOS. My question is that my house was built for FiOS in 2007 brand new and I have my ONT in my garage and it is big white device with a secondary white battery looking thing. Is that an old ONT and if so how do I go about reaching out to Verizon in order to submit a request/ticket to get a new ONT installed in my house because it is the same ONT that I had when I purchased the house 10 years ago. I also have the Quantum Gateway router from Verizon so I guess there would be no need to get a new router from Verizon. I look forward to hearing from yous guys about this 🙂

actually I don't know if its necessary.

The ONT that was installed for me is very old. The tech said its old but was one of the best when they first made them.

Mine is an old grey box very large and I must admit it works great.

If you were to call for a replacement fios may charge you for the service call.

I would see if what you have now works before you call in for the replacement.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

My old ONT was replaced by this one 612A

But you should read up on ONT 1000 att below 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@TomH309 wrote:

My old ONT was replaced by this one 612A

But you should read up on ONT 1000 att below 

Don't know what your ont looks like but I can show you I have an older one. The tech said they were out of the newer one but said the photo below was far superior. Don't know if he was speaking the truth.

But this is the one outside our house.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

My ONT is installed inside garage

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@TomH309 wrote:

My ONT is installed inside garage

Looks like a newer one. I found out yesterday the ont I showed is no longer in service with Fios. But is capable of gigabyte speed. This morning my Fios speeds have plummeted to around 420/330 then it just crapped out. Still connected and when I called tech support they said the speeds to my home timed out. This was done five times by tech support then Verizon engineer said it was a provisioning problem on their end and would be fully operational by Monday May 8, 2017

then I said my initial ticket stated Saturday May 6, 2017 and now it's the 8th. Said I was not the only one affected so I will wait. 

Even though slower speeds it is stillup and running. That is a plus.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The white ont in the garage is a bpon ont tellabs 612 capable of 75/75 mbps. The gray on outside of the house is a gpon Alcatel o211m. Just an outdoor verizon of the i l211mk and ml. All are capable of gigabit connection. The gpon motorola 1000 also supports gigabit but doesn’t service same area as Alcatel. Your either an Alcatel gpon area or a Motorola/arris gpon area. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes