Gigabit being sold but not available
LeesburgVA

I recently opted out of tv and upgraded my 75 up/down connection to gigabit. After 3 separate attempts to schedule install, I was finally told by a supervisor that there were not enough ports available for gigabit and that I would have to wait for engineering to reach out once they're ready.

Is anybody else dealing with this? Any idea on how to know when speeds are actually available? Communication has been awful from Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Gigabit being sold but not available
jonjones1
Legend

@LeesburgVA wrote:

I recently opted out of tv and upgraded my 75 up/down connection to gigabit. After 3 separate attempts to schedule install, I was finally told by a supervisor that there were not enough ports available for gigabit and that I would have to wait for engineering to reach out once they're ready.

Is anybody else dealing with this? Any idea on how to know when speeds are actually available? Communication has been awful from Verizon.

You answered your own question. Verizon offers it “where and when it’s available “ they did not say it was going to be installed when you attempted to get it.

No issue against Verizon for that. When it’s ready to be made available to you the company will broadcast it.

0 Likes
LeesburgVA

Hey JonJones - called and ordered gigabit. They said okay, sent me the bill, and set up an installation time. No show on first install, so I called in and they rescheduled to today. No show again today, and when I called in they said we needed to reschedule. That's on me?

Or am I missing something when they confirm my installation time?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@LeesburgVA wrote:

Hey JonJones - called and ordered gigabit. They said okay, sent me the bill, and set up an installation time. No show on first install, so I called in and they rescheduled to today. No show again today, and when I called in they said we needed to reschedule. That's on me?

Or am I missing something when they confirm my installation time?

Reschedule of your appointment is one issue, read what I originally replied to on your inquiry. You were writing like it was a gigabyte offer for service (upgrade) and then you. Paid for the new speeds, but Verizon is telling you it’s now not available due to no free connections in your area.

If you were told it was available and then you were just waiting for the boost. My concern is why a premise visit for an upgrade to speed? Is Verizon replacing your ONT? Your router? Are you on MOCA now with coaxial hook up for tv/internet? In a speed boost it’s a simple reprovisioning from the CO which can be done without a visit to your home.  There must be a reason they are sending out a truck roll.

0 Likes
LeesburgVA

They need to upgrade ONT. I have a netgear device ready for gigabit. 

My issue is I've been rescheduled multiple times when the reps I spoke to had nothing in their system saying why the order didn't process. I had multiple reps confirm on the phone my scheduled time and when I called back to confirm, what previous reps said did not hold true. A "supervisor" said to not reschedule my service so engineering can see demand for the additional ports he said needed adding before they could come onsite, but I was just emailed a satisfaction survey about my recent services. 

I'm looking for escalation to somebody that can actually deliver results or at the very least honesty. 

0 Likes