Gigabit is available to every house but mine
Abused_Customer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried just about every other method to get an answer to this.  I tried to upgrade to gigiabit speeds, but "the system" says my house is not eligible.  So I searched every address around mine in my neighborhood.  They ALL can get it.  I have called, chatted, used the FB page to try to find out why this is the case.  Every agent has said that engineering has to answer this.  Yet I can't talk to engineering.  So I will try this forum to see if maybe someone here might have a suggestion to get an answer.  I have never had this hard a time giving someone money in my life!  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Gigabit is available to every house but mine
jonjones1
Legend

@Abused_Customer wrote:

I have tried just about every other method to get an answer to this.  I tried to upgrade to gigiabit speeds, but "the system" says my house is not eligible.  So I searched every address around mine in my neighborhood.  They ALL can get it.  I have called, chatted, used the FB page to try to find out why this is the case.  Every agent has said that engineering has to answer this.  Yet I can't talk to engineering.  So I will try this forum to see if maybe someone here might have a suggestion to get an answer.  I have never had this hard a time giving someone money in my life!  Any help would be appreciated.

Engineering can be reached via a Fios customer service rep and through the rep using a chat function. Stupid I know. But it is what it is.

the best time to call to have an American rep is after 8 am EDT and that is when the engineers start working.

they may be able to assist.

1-800-Verizon 

Good Luck

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How did you try?

If you try to upgrade online, what options do you have?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Abused_Customer wrote:

Engineering can be reached via a Fios customer service rep and through the rep using a chat function. Stupid I know. But it is what it is.

the best time to call to have an American rep is after 8 am EDT and that is when the engineers start working.

they may be able to assist.

1-800-Verizon 

Good Luck

Abused_Customer
Enthusiast - Level 1

It took way more effort than it should have, but I finally got through to someone who could get to an engineer.  As I thought, the all-mighty system was wrong and my address can get gigabit speeds. 

While this had a positive ending, it should not require an herculean effort to get information.  So from that standpoint, something needs to change!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Abused_Customer wrote:

It took way more effort than it should have, but I finally got through to someone who could get to an engineer.  As I thought, the all-mighty system was wrong and my address can get gigabit speeds. 

While this had a positive ending, it should not require an herculean effort to get information.  So from that standpoint, something needs to change!

I often look at the old picture of little David looking at Golith. Us consumers at times feel the same way ha ha

However remember that Verizon is BIG business, mutinational and in almost everyones lives. But if you keep at it and have a sense of humor you will get what you desire.

Glad it worked out.

0 Likes