Gigabit speed has dropped to 90Mb/s this weekend
d-man9000

I'm not using a Quantum router, I'm using a Check Point 1450 SOHO firewall. It's capable of up to 2.5Gb/s of throughput.

I've been able to hit VZ's advertised speeds without any issue until this weekend. I'n now only getting 90/80 down/up. So about a tenth of what I pay for.

I've rebooted the ONT. I've rebooted and checked my firewall. It's reporting 1000Mb/s full duplex auto negotiated from the ONT.

I'll test hooking a laptop directly to the ONT, but I have a feeling I'lll still only get 90Mb/s.

Support was unable to help, because I'm not using a Quantum router.

What are my options?

0 Likes
Re: Gigabit speed has dropped to 90Mb/s this weekend
jonjones1
Legend

@d-man9000 wrote:

I'm not using a Quantum router, I'm using a Check Point 1450 SOHO firewall. It's capable of up to 2.5Gb/s of throughput.

I've been able to hit VZ's advertised speeds without any issue until this weekend. I'n now only getting 90/80 down/up. So about a tenth of what I pay for.

I've rebooted the ONT. I've rebooted and checked my firewall. It's reporting 1000Mb/s full duplex auto negotiated from the ONT.

I'll test hooking a laptop directly to the ONT, but I have a feeling I'lll still only get 90Mb/s.

Support was unable to help, because I'm not using a Quantum router.

What are my options?

The first thing is for verizon to test the speeds to your ONT. This is their responsibility.

i would pick up a junk Quantum router for testing purposes only. They are cheap on eBay and Amazon. But it must be a Verizon router and not a Frontier (old verizon) router. This way you can test the speeds from your home out.

if the speed is confirmed then it’s your router.

0 Likes