Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Gigabit speed has dropped to 90Mb/s this weekend

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Gigabit speed has dropped to 90Mb/s this weekend

Message 1 of 2
(478 Views)

I'm not using a Quantum router, I'm using a Check Point 1450 SOHO firewall. It's capable of up to 2.5Gb/s of throughput.

I've been able to hit VZ's advertised speeds without any issue until this weekend. I'n now only getting 90/80 down/up. So about a tenth of what I pay for.

I've rebooted the ONT. I've rebooted and checked my firewall. It's reporting 1000Mb/s full duplex auto negotiated from the ONT.

I'll test hooking a laptop directly to the ONT, but I have a feeling I'lll still only get 90Mb/s.

Support was unable to help, because I'm not using a Quantum router.

What are my options?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I

Re: Gigabit speed has dropped to 90Mb/s this weekend

Message 2 of 2
(461 Views)

@d-man9000 wrote:

I'm not using a Quantum router, I'm using a Check Point 1450 SOHO firewall. It's capable of up to 2.5Gb/s of throughput.

I've been able to hit VZ's advertised speeds without any issue until this weekend. I'n now only getting 90/80 down/up. So about a tenth of what I pay for.

I've rebooted the ONT. I've rebooted and checked my firewall. It's reporting 1000Mb/s full duplex auto negotiated from the ONT.

I'll test hooking a laptop directly to the ONT, but I have a feeling I'lll still only get 90Mb/s.

Support was unable to help, because I'm not using a Quantum router.

What are my options?

The first thing is for verizon to test the speeds to your ONT. This is their responsibility.

i would pick up a junk Quantum router for testing purposes only. They are cheap on eBay and Amazon. But it must be a Verizon router and not a Frontier (old verizon) router. This way you can test the speeds from your home out.

if the speed is confirmed then it’s your router.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.