Gigabit upgrade help
jerseyguy72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I am in the process of upgrading to gigabit service. Im not sure what I need to do in the ONT box outside. They sent me an ethernet cable and no instructions so I have been researching online but I cant find anything online that shows the same box I have here. Can anyone tell me where I need to plug the ethernet cable in and also should I disconnect the existing coax cable or can I just leave it plugged in?image

Thank you for any input you can help with!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Gigabit upgrade help
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can either take out the green wire connected to the ethernet port out and connect directly. Or you can strip the jacket off the ethernet cable and connect them to the corresponding colors of orange/green/blue/brown if you use FiOS TV then leave the coax connected. Otherwise you won’t need it connected to the router. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can either take out the green wire connected to the ethernet port out and connect directly. Or you can strip the jacket off the ethernet cable and connect them to the corresponding colors of orange/green/blue/brown if you use FiOS TV then leave the coax connected. Otherwise you won’t need it connected to the router. 

jerseyguy72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your help!