Re: Going back to Comcast--Verizon poor customer service
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3
you would think that a communications company would be able to communicate with itself....  perhaps they need Nextel's direct connect walkie-talkies...
0 Likes
DarkCobra1
Contributor - Level 3

Can ya hear me now? 🙂

0 Likes
skitzthegemini
Enthusiast - Level 3
That's definitely the first time I've ever heard of someone switching TO Comcast for the customer service.  Good luck with that
0 Likes
kenjo
Enthusiast - Level 2

As to going back to comcast for customer service--I had been a subscriber to comcast for 2 years. Any time I had an issue their customer service was responsive and active in correcting the problem. Others may not have had good service from comcast, but my experience with verizon has been negative. {please keep it relevant} 

Update: My neighbor across the street, who still has the fios cable coming out of the box in his neighbor's yard, running across the neighbor's yard, draped over the fence, then strung along the top of the ground and around the back of his house to the service box after 2 months, finally got someone from verizon out today to look at it and confirm it was screwed up.

duh.

Now, of course, they promised to be out within 2 weeks to bore underground and connect his cable properly. Other houses in this neighborhood still have cable draped across the ground to their house after almost 3 months.

I am still hanging in with verizon to give them a chance to make things right. They know they are in breach of contract now, so maybe they'll do something (the contract requires them to run the fios cable to the house in the same manner as the copper phone wire, which in this case is underground).

Message Edited by ElizabethS on 05-06-2009 12:14 PM
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Kenjo,

Toss me some info here in a PM I'll get both you and your neighbor fixed asap.

DarkCobra1
Contributor - Level 3
Now that's what I call service!   🙂
0 Likes
kenjo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Techman28:

What additional information would you like? I have explained the entire sordid story to so many people at verizon with no results, but lots of promises for action, that I'm reluctant to explain it all again. Perhaps you can send me a PM--I don't know how to send a PM from within this forum; when I click on your user name I get a page with your profile, etc., but no way to PM you. Perhaps if your email address wasn't hidden...

Just out of curiosity, what can you do from TX to resolve the problems my neighbor and I have had with properly burying the fios cable?

Thanks.

Message Edited by kenjo on 05-06-2009 05:35 PM
0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

kenjo,

To send Techman a PM, click on his username to go to his profile.  You should see a link that says "send this user a private message."

Click that link and write your messge and click "send message"/

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Kenjo,

I will make sure you get everything completed asap. I know that you have heard that before, however I do mean what I say and won't stop working the problem until its completed to your satisfaction

0 Likes
JHoop
As someone who is thinking about switching from brighthouse(time warner) cable to fios, I will be watching this thread closely over the next few days. Between the limited access to usenet and this, I'm becoming a little concerned about signing a one year contract. Please let us know if your issue gets resolved.
0 Likes