Going wireless
domino

I'm putting a second desktop in my home and I want to connect wireless to my Actiontec router. Any suggestions of what PIC/NIC card I should get. I can't believe that I have to use a USB adaptor like Verizon states!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Going wireless
astro_guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been having very good luck with the AZiO AWD102N PCI adapter.  This adapter consistently holds a 54 MBPS connection with the Actiontec router that is located one story above it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

most new computers will come with wifi built into the motherboard or added on as an additional peripheral.  you likely won't have to worry about that at all, but if you do have to pick up one individually then any G/N router should be fine.  so wireless G is what your FiOS router will do now, however, everything is moving to N as the new standard.  so you will want your card to be compatible with both (most are I don't think you'll find one that isn't compatible with N)

so pretty much anything is safe, most pc's will come with it, and if yours doesn't then as long as you get a N card that supports G as well you will be "Golden"

0 Likes
domino

Thanks, my PC didn't have a wireless built in so I can get any PCI network card that is G/N?

0 Likes
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

yes, any wireless card which supports b/g/n will be fine.

0 Likes
astro_guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been having very good luck with the AZiO AWD102N PCI adapter.  This adapter consistently holds a 54 MBPS connection with the Actiontec router that is located one story above it.

0 Likes
domino

Thanks that's exactly my situation!!!

0 Likes