Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Going wireless

SOLVED
domino
Contributor
Contributor

Going wireless

Message 1 of 6
(7,136 Views)

I'm putting a second desktop in my home and I want to connect wireless to my Actiontec router. Any suggestions of what PIC/NIC card I should get. I can't believe that I have to use a USB adaptor like Verizon states!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
astro_guy
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Going wireless

Message 5 of 6
(7,103 Views)

I've been having very good luck with the AZiO AWD102N PCI adapter.  This adapter consistently holds a 54 MBPS connection with the Actiontec router that is located one story above it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 2 of 6
(7,124 Views)

most new computers will come with wifi built into the motherboard or added on as an additional peripheral.  you likely won't have to worry about that at all, but if you do have to pick up one individually then any G/N router should be fine.  so wireless G is what your FiOS router will do now, however, everything is moving to N as the new standard.  so you will want your card to be compatible with both (most are I don't think you'll find one that isn't compatible with N)

so pretty much anything is safe, most pc's will come with it, and if yours doesn't then as long as you get a N card that supports G as well you will be "Golden"

domino
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(7,118 Views)

Thanks, my PC didn't have a wireless built in so I can get any PCI network card that is G/N?

abhi_col
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 4 of 6
(7,111 Views)

yes, any wireless card which supports b/g/n will be fine.

astro_guy
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(7,104 Views)

I've been having very good luck with the AZiO AWD102N PCI adapter.  This adapter consistently holds a 54 MBPS connection with the Actiontec router that is located one story above it.

View solution in original post

domino
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(7,080 Views)

Thanks that's exactly my situation!!!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title