Switch Account

Great download speeds, mediocre upload speeds in Maryland

Great download speeds, mediocre upload speeds in Maryland

Contributor IBK
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(496 Views)

I have the 75/75 package and am connected by a 1GB cable to my router. I've had the 75/75 package for quite some time. I'm very satisfied with the download speeds, but the upload speeds are another matter entirely. (When I test the speeds on speed testing sites eveyrthing looks great. But in the real world it's totally different.) The long and the short of it is this: when uploading on DC++ the max speed between myself and another FIOS customer 30 miles away is around 500kb/sec. Other folks on DC++ are able to upload aorund 1.5M/sec or higher. This has always been an issue where cable users could upload faster than FIOS users. I'm getting tired of this. I do not know why my upload speeds should be 1/3 of theirs. (And no, I have never installed the Verizon software on my system. I don't see how/why that should affect upload speeds.)

2 REPLIES 2
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 2 of 3
(431 Views)

You have to install the software as it tweaks the settings on your computer for speed, I have done it and it makes a differance.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 3
(424 Views)

I agree with silverado.

If you each can get good speed test results, then it is an issue with the computer for one of you.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.