HBO Go: Fios not playing well with iPhone
meganlibrarian

I'm a Fios and HBO subscriber.

I just downloaded HBO Go onto my iPhone. Logged in, everything appears hunky dory.

I try to play a video, and receive the following message:

"Your current HTTP proxy is not supported by this application. Please remove it from your Wi-Fi settings to enable video playback."

Er... what do I do now? I've not specialized any settings, as far as I'm aware. Is this a quick fix? What should I do to solve this so I can watch HBO on my iPhone? Many thanks in advance.  🙂

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: HBO Go: Fios not playing well with iPhone
meganlibrarian

Bump!  (Anyone? Please?)

0 Likes
meganlibrarian

No one's experienced this problem? HBO's tech support basically tells folks to ask their internet providers for assistance with techical issues like mine. So... any takers? Pretty please?

0 Likes
somolox
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know if the problem still exists for you but I just ran into a similar issue with my iPad. The solution: Go into settings and select WiFi then click on that little blue circle with the white arrow next to your network's name. At the bottom of the screen you should see HTTP Proxy with three options: off, manual and auto. I turned mine off and the app works now. 

0 Likes
Samie62851

I've got hbo mobile and have always been able to watch it til this week,

me sage is your current http proxy is not supported by this application. Pls remove it from your Wi Fi settings to eenable video playback

what can I do to fix this?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Samie62851 wrote:

I've got hbo mobile and have always been able to watch it til this week,

me sage is your current http proxy is not supported by this application. Pls remove it from your Wi Fi settings to eenable video playback

what can I do to fix this?

It may be complaining about the Proxy settings on the phone. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and click on the Blue arrow  next to your Wi-Fi network. At the bottom of the next page, change the Proxy settings for the device from "Off" to "Auto" or vice versa. That should fix it up. Don't set a manual proxy.

0 Likes
LCI

I just had this (new) problem with HBOGo followed your advice and it worked, although I didn't make the changes that caused the error message.......strange!  Thanks

0 Likes
jerodradi
Enthusiast - Level 1

im getting message on my iphones 3gs app HBOGO about "Your current HTTP proxy is not supported by this device, please remove it from your wifi settinggs to enable  video playback "which is the HBOGO. On the app HBOgo theres a setting button on top right coner where it has go profile preference help, etc. Under preference the video playback it has 3G or wifi button or wifi only it i put it where you wantit 3g how can the http proxy apply? imstill getting the same error when i have my wifi turned off and running only on 3g. so how can if fix this message frrom appearing if i have my wifi turned off and using 3G to have video playback?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Apple is notorious for doing things like that, and breaking industry standards and then expecting everyone else in the world to fix their issue.

/rant

Sorry.  Apple frustrates me sometimes with these types of things.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I couldn't do hbo go on 3g on any phone, so maybe it's an unrelated but similar problem. 

0 Likes