HBOGo login error
kylebellamy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've never had a problem before but today when I try to log in I get an error page with the term "Not Supported Method" after clicking the button.

Anyone having this issue?

I tried looking for a help section on HBO Go site where I could report the issue but there was nothing and in order to write anything on the main HBO site you have to register. 

Re: HBOGo login error
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

kylebellamy
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks1
0 Likes
mgsmith1

I'm getting the same "not supported method" error attempting to activate through hbogo.com.

[update] Out of curiosity I tried the process in IE9. Worked fine. I was originally using FireFox. Note that IE is a work-around for a problem that should be fixed considering FireFox's market share.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mgsmith wrote:

I'm getting the same "not supported method" error attempting to activate through hbogo.com.

[update] Out of curiosity I tried the process in IE9. Worked fine. I was originally using FireFox. Note that IE is a work-around for a problem that should be fixed considering FireFox's market share.

Seems Verizon's website doesn't support the new versions of Firefox. That error doesn't appear on Firefox 5/6. You could use a User-agent switching add-on to fake which browser you have to the Verizon website. That might work and allow you to use HBO Go.

0 Likes
MJFeeney

This problem also occurs with Chrome.  I have the problem logging into MyVerizon.com ((I don;t have HBOgo).

0 Likes
phishisgr8

I get the same message whether I use ie, Chrome, or Firefox. It just started a few days ago. I can still login via Google TV, though. Has anyone found a solution?   

0 Likes
qstnofbal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, this exact thing happens to me every single time I try logging in to HBOgo from my computer (its actually less trouble on my smart-phone!) Anyway, I found that every time I log in, I must go to this site (Verizon) and log in, then I go to HBOgo, click Sign In, and it automatically signs me in. Way more trouble than it should be but this is the only sure fire way that works for me.

0 Likes
qstnofbal
Enthusiast - Level 2

May I get a PM in regards to this as well, since I experience the same problem? Thanks.

0 Likes
clvicente71

I am having the same problem.  I get the "Not Supported Method"message  please help

0 Likes