HD Movies on Demand stopping in middle of movie, Westell Router 9100em has to be restarted?
pmotsinger

I'm new to this forum and appreciate any guidance. Whenever I watch a movie on demand in HD (HBO on Demand for example), I have to either reboot the set top box or unplug the router and restart it.  Westell 9100. 

I have to do this 2-4 times for a 2 hour movie.  The [normally] flashing green internet light on the router turns red, and when I troubleshoot from the set top box, it displays the error message that the set top box has lost network connection. The reality is that the router has lost network connection.  Once I reboot the router, it works fine for a while again.  The firmware version on the router is current.

Suggestions?  Ideas?

Thanks,

Phillip

0 Likes
Re: HD Movies on Demand stopping in middle of movie, Westell Router 9100em has to be restarted?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

How's the quality of your coaxial connection? Which light is turning red? Do you get pixelation on any FiOS TV channels or encounter routine Internet drops or slow-downs when not using VOD?

It could be the Westell needing replacement but it's also very likely the coax or a splitter somewhere could be causing problems.

0 Likes