HELP! Verizon Will Not Prorate After Cancellation
Bill2838

Please HELP!

I've been trying to cancel fios internet, through the website, chat and phone calls.  Cancelling through the site is down, chat will not help you cancel, and on customer service phone calls... they drop you when you want to cancel.  Today, I FINALLY was able to get ahold of someone who instead of talking me out of it/and or hanging up on my call when I told them I want to cancel.  They cancelled my service, but then claim I owe a full month billing.  I missed the cycle (for reasons above) and they will not prorate. 

How is this ethical or legal?  HELP!  I asked the rep to please escalate this to someone who can help, I spoke with an Albert who claims to be the Verizon highest level manager besides Verizon's executive board.  He said his word is the end of the road and trying harder would deliver his counterparts who would read me the same information.  Is there anyone at VERIZON who can help make this right?

0 Likes
Re: HELP! Verizon Will Not Prorate After Cancellation
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

the link above will get you executive escalations but be aware if you cancel after your new start date verizon does not prorate. However that payment is in advance so you might contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via google search and call them and have them get evolved.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

The  FIOS TOS explicitly states they do not prorate cancellations.

So as always, read the fine print.

jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

The  FIOS TOS explicitly states they do not prorate cancellations.

So as always, read the fine print.

In this I would agree. However, yes there is always a however....

customer service has been known to say "if internet only you get prorated " or some will lie and say you get prorated if you cancel if you have more than internet only etc.

no consistency in this issue.

other web sites say the same thing. If you remember that you are paying in advance for service then you would wait until a few days before it runs out then cancel. This way verizon owes the customer nothing, and customers would not need to call them up to get lied to.