HELP!!!
CarManiac
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not a computer expert... We just got FIOS installed about  3 weeks ago. Supposed to be FAST.. NOT!  Yesterday it was so slow it drove me crazy! Any suggestions what could be wrong? Click click click is all I get done and WAIT WAIT WAIT! Wish I had not switched to FIOS! Should have kept my old carrier!

Re: HELP!!!
lou611661
Contributor - Level 1

Try to optimize your computers.

Hubrisnxs
Legend
fios should be faster than any provider out there, so your hardwired connections should be super fast.   your wireless might be a different story and a different fix, so are you noticing that fios is slow and your connections are wireless, or does it not matter if you are hardwired or wireless?
if your hardwired and seeing a slow in connection then optimizing would be a great idea for you plus a couple other suggestions.
So to optimize your PC - look on your desktop for this icon. 
IHA Desktop Icon
the installers should have installed it on your PC.  
If you don't have that icon, then you can go download it here
Once you have it open head over to the internet option (usually a picture of a laptop) and then click on quick fixes (if I remember right) and then optimize PC.   you may even see that optimize option when you first open up the program.
If that doesn't fix a hardwired problem, then try a couple of the following steps to see if it reacts faster. 

• Try a 2nd Browser like Google Chrome or Firefox (possible browser issue can be identified by testing in a 2nd browser)
  • Test it from a 2nd machine like a laptop, friends or work computer
If it's Wireless, then You can resolve many wireless issues by simply changing the channel in the Verizon FiOS router.

To change the wireless signal open a browser, and go to http://192.168.1.1

user name is admin.  and the password is most likely the serial number found on the service tag of your VZ router unless you changed it.
Once you login succesfully, go to the top and hit wireless, then on the left basic security.   then go to option 3 which is channel

Channels 1, 6 and 11 and are the only channels you should try.

So it will likely be set to auto, change it to 11 and put the check for keep settings even after reboot (Directly under the channel) and then hit apply., after you hit apply,  test your connection out, if you notice a difference, leave it like that until the problem happens again, and if it happens again, go back into the router, and try channel 6, test it out.  and then finally 1 if the first two don't work.

Also visit Actiontec's web page where they provide easy tips on how to improve wireless networking with the MI424WR Verizon FiOS Router.  

NOTE: Your actiontec router gets its internet connection from the COAX cable. That means that you can move the actiontec to any room that has a working TV outlet connected to the FiOS system.  You may need to purchase a 2 way TV splitter (you may have one in the house that you can re-use) to connect it.  The cable coming from the wall would connect to the splitter, one side of the splitter will go to your Cable Box where it is labled FIOS TV IN or RF IN and then the other side of the splitter will connect to the WAN Coax on the router.

Additional Links and Recommendations

1. Optimize Internet Explorer

2. Intermittent Wireless

3. Slow Connection

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

when you say click and wait.

Do you mean you click the icon and it takes a while for the window to pop up?

Or

You click on the icon, the window opens and it takes a long time for the page to load?

If the first. That is a computer issue. Could be lack of RAM memory. Too many processes. virus. spyware, or any number of other problems

If the second, that could be any of the above or the intenet connection itself.

Can you post your computer specs?

Have you run a speed test yet?     Try www.speedtest.net or www.speakeasy.net/speedtest or www.verizon.net/speedtest