HERE THE REASON FOR CONNECTION PROBLEM
eespro
Enthusiast - Level 1

A lot of user are wondering why you have slower speeds than others that are experiencing fast speeds.  Here's the answers.  Verizon has to much infrastructure to handle.  The company swallowed up a lot of major IT firms and now don't have any clue how information is being transferred.  Here's an example; I called tech support and explained that I've done multiple tracert to a site that is working just fine. (Mind you bee doing IT for over 10 years now).  So they relayed a message to assuming tier ii for a call back on the service issue.  I explained the problem to the tech and after a day I get a call back saying that they have a router down, but the router is on the former MCI network.  So basically Verizon is routing traffic through a network that has broken connections; that causes timeouts on your computers (mac, linux, win: doesn't matter the os)  When you try to access a site in another country, it normally times outs, but if you try the connection through a cell phone (I use sprint), comcast I have that also, XOHM (Wimax) it works flawlessly. NO PACKET LOSS.  Here's how you know where the problem lays.

Step One.

Ping the address

Step Two

tracert (win)  traceroute (mac, linux) 

- notice if it does not resolve an address.

Step Three 

The last address that resolved take that and place it in the search box on arin.net

- that will tell you the owner and IT admin phone number of the IP

Step Four

If the owner is Verizon (normally is) call tech support and tell them and also call the number listed.  Most likely they know it's a connection problem, but they play stupid and want to run all these test on your connection.  Be persistent to getting a resolution, it's normally a routing issue.