Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

HOT SPOT WIFI ACCESS

karmensandiego
Contributor
Contributor

HOT SPOT WIFI ACCESS

Message 1 of 2
(1,915 Views)

I have several Kindles that I would like to be able to have internet access when not at home or near wifi/hotspots. In particular, I want to be able to FB video with relatives in other states. However, the location where I will be has no internet at all. Any ideas???

1 REPLY 1
jonjones
Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: HOT SPOT WIFI ACCESS

Message 2 of 2
(1,911 Views)

@karmensandiego wrote:

I have several Kindles that I would like to be able to have internet access when not at home or near wifi/hotspots. In particular, I want to be able to FB video with relatives in other states. However, the location where I will be has no internet at all. Any ideas???

You have two options. First what I do is use my tablet (iPad) with a SIM card which picks up cellular data which is not connected to my iPhone X. I pay for this separately but they do have non monthly use accounts which are x number of Mbps or gigabyte for a certain amount of money. I use a $30 plan which is great but I use AT&T since Verizon is way to expensive.

Second option is to use your cellular phone as a hotspot, however like the data per use the price may be high if you don’t have an unlimited plan.

Also most companies outside of Sprint (they are terrible) which allow a load of data use. Or T-Mobile which is cheaper but service is spotty. 

There is also the use of the cellular phone without using it as a hot spot 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.