HOTSPOTS ONLY FOR PC?
conscrew

Just joined FIOS. I mostly use my Internet on the road. Never occurred to me that Mac users would be discriminated against by Verizon, but that appears to be the case. HOW DO I CONNECT TO HOTSPOTS VIA MAC? FIOS is expensive enough; I can't afford to buy a new computer to use it, and not having hotspots makes it useless for me. What am I to do for the next two years? Not work? Or go back to vile Comcast? 

VERIZON FIOS... Please advise. You don't want the word out there that you discriminate against Mac and iOS users. And why was this huge con not revealed during the sales process? Makes you guys look like criminals and charlatans.

0 Likes
Re: HOTSPOTS ONLY FOR PC?
PJL
Master - Level 3

@conscrew wrote:

Just joined FIOS. I mostly use my Internet on the road. Never occurred to me that Mac users would be discriminated against by Verizon, but that appears to be the case. HOW DO I CONNECT TO HOTSPOTS VIA MAC? FIOS is expensive enough; I can't afford to buy a new computer to use it, and not having hotspots makes it useless for me. What am I to do for the next two years? Not work? Or go back to vile Comcast? 

VERIZON FIOS... Please advise. You don't want the word out there that you discriminate against Mac and iOS users. And why was this huge con not revealed during the sales process? Makes you guys look like criminals and charlatans.

An administrator had replied to your post stating that you should have been in another forum, not this one, which was wrong.  That post was removed.  Apparently they didn't understand either your question or what Verizon FiOS WiFi hotspot access really means.

I had a similar issue with an Android device.  I found this web page which explains what's going on an what one can do to get access on other devices.  Unfortunately, it requires use of a pre-Windows 8 PC to set up the account,   The web page linked above explains this all.  I used the process recently, and was able to access a WiFi hotspot at O'Hare Airport (via Boingo service) with my Android device.

So find yourself a friend with a PC, follow the process outline in the web page I used, and you'll have the access you should have.  I guess Verizon doesn't know or care about Mac, Android or pre-Windows (which has been out for almost a year) users.  Or maybe it's "coming soon."  Smiley Wink