HP Photosmart Premium connection issue
Knighty
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok so I just bought this printer and I'm trying to connect to my FIOS wireless router. It finds the router fine but cannot connect. After speaking to HP they say its due to 2 possible things.

1. Multitasking needs to be set to on 

and 

2. Filtering needs to be off.

Verizon feel that this is extra and will not tell me how to do this unless I pay $15. Can someone please tell me if this is something difficult to do myself or if its time to change service back to Cablevision. 

Any help is appreciated. 😃

Re: HP Photosmart Premium connection issue
barnbiketom
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds like a class action suit ..this is bull**bleep**

I was told yesterday it would be 40 bucks "premium" support in able to utilize my verizon router to my desktop devices.. bull**bleep**.

I better find a better answer soon

weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

Anecdotally, the usual issue with connecting a wireless printer is that the printer and router do not agree on the encryption data. If you are using WEP, change to WPA.

Sometimes folks have had success if the reboot the router right after setting the printer to connect.

And the bit about 'multitasking' and 'filtering' makes no sense.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What he probably meant was Multicasting and FIltering. It does make sense in a way if a user has those setting misconfigured, but Multicast being enabled shouldn't mess with this kind of thing.

0 Likes