HP Wireless Printer Stopped Working
PC53

Our HP printer was connected to the router successfully then recently stopped working. Have tried to reconnect to the router using HP setup but it does not find the router. Checked HP support forum and one link suggested that Verizon router software upgrade may have caused the problem. Something about SON, but I do not understand what that means.??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HP Wireless Printer Stopped Working
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Let me clarify something for you. You say it is a wireless printer, so, presumably, you connected the printer to your network via wireless. Or, did you wire it by ethernet?

If you are using wireless, you need to go to your router's GUI and disable Self-Organized Network (SON) because it causes more harm than good.

To do this, go to Wireless Settings -> Advanced Security Settings -> Other Advanced Wireless Options -> Self-Organized Network Enabled: Off.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Let me clarify something for you. You say it is a wireless printer, so, presumably, you connected the printer to your network via wireless. Or, did you wire it by ethernet?

If you are using wireless, you need to go to your router's GUI and disable Self-Organized Network (SON) because it causes more harm than good.

To do this, go to Wireless Settings -> Advanced Security Settings -> Other Advanced Wireless Options -> Self-Organized Network Enabled: Off.

v-squared

Thank you and kudos!  This worked instantly.  I tried to click on the Kudos button but it said "Sorry, you can't give kudos to this post. " 

Looks like I just did. 

0 Likes