Had an appointment, Installer never showed up
ssetta
Contributor - Level 1

So, today was the day that I was to get FiOS TV installed. The appointment was from 8 am to Noon. I was expecting him to be here around 8 or 9. By about 10:30, he still hadn't shown up, but I thought, just give it time. Then it got to be about 11:45, so then I got more concerned. I called Verizon, and inquired about it. They checked with dispatch and said the technician was running a little late, so I should give it about 2 hours. And I did, and still no tech. I called again, and they said he was doing some work in my area at the hub that controls my neighborhood, and that I should be seeing him shortly. I stepped outside the house and walked up and down the street to see if I could see him, and he was nowhere to be found. However, I did see a Verizon truck just as I was on my way back to my house, and he stopped right in front of the house. I then went back inside and basically waited for him to call and/or knock on the door. I didn't get a phone call, nor did he even approach the house. I stepped outside again to see what was going on. He was still inside the truck talking on the phone. Now, what's wrong with this picture? Is that what he is supposed to be doing? I figured he just had to take care of something. But then, minutes later, from my window, I saw him drive away in the truck. Why in the world would he do that? He stopped in front of my house, yet didn't even bother approaching the house. So, I sat around, wondering if maybe he'd come again later on. Hours went by...

It got to be about 4:30 in the afternoon, and still no sign of him. I called Verizon again and asked what was going on. Apparently, he didn't think there was anybody home, and so he called an alternate phone number that was listed. But still, shouldn't he have approached the house, and/or called the primary phone number listed? I was home all day waiting for him to come. They rescheduled it for tomorrow morning, but I really don't know what to do. I am happy with Comcast, and have been very hesitant on switching, though I've heard a lot of good things about FiOS TV. But on the day of the installation, and the tech messes up? Is that a good sign? I think NOT. I mean, what does this tell you about their service? Comcast has never done anything like this. They ALWAYS approached the house.

Has anything like this happened to you?