Had to call CSR almost every week
Ai9

I am a FiOS customer that switched from DSL two months ago.

Lately, my FiOS connection disconnects and stay disconnected (orange intranet light) until I call the CSR and have them fix their end before I get my internet connection. I had to do this for almost every week now and it's getting worse and more frequent. Hell, I never had this many problems with DSL for the past 10+ years.

• DHCP release and renew doesn't do anything.
  • Unable to obtain new IP address.
  • All lights are green on the ONT.
  • All lights are green on the router except internet.
  • Rebooting router and unplugging the coax cable for a period of time as suggested by CSR does nothing.
  • Router is already resetted and defaulted which still does nothing.
  • I'm not running the router as a bridge or secondary.

I am to the point where as soon as my internet drops, I pick up my phone and call Tech Support right away to tell them to fix their end. I've asked CSR what the problem is and how to avoid it but none really gave me a straight forward answer. Could it be defective router/ONT? I don't know. One rep told me a technician will come "check it out" but still the same for weeks. All the reps told me they had to "reboot the system" on their end to fix my problem. But anyway, someone please enlighten me on this. I somewhat regret switching over to FiOS and have been considerating other competitors. I live in New York City. Verizon Internet plan only.

Actiontec MI424-WR Rev. E

Stock Firmware Version: 20.19.8

ONT I211M-K

0 Likes
Re: Had to call CSR almost every week
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Had to call CSR almost every week
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

- Joseph_VZ

0 Likes