Re: Have 25/25, but even after tech visit, can't get above 6/10 - even bought usb wireless-g adaptor
BobbyJoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I upgraded my FiOS plan I had the same problem and went through all this MTU stuff, too, just to find out that the solution is much simpler: the ONT needs to be rebooted after your upgrade to detect the new speeds. Just call Verizon and ask them to reboot your ONT.

0 Likes
Re: Have 25/25, but even after tech visit, can't get above 6/10 - even bought usb wireless-g adaptor
woodleydog
Enthusiast - Level 2

I beleive that the tech who came out did reboot the ONT, as he was able to obtain the higher speeds on his netbook - but I will cal and ask to confirm - thanks!

0 Likes
donutz28
Enthusiast - Level 3

Test  your speed wired ethernet,  with the wireless disconnected.

Use IE and make sure your Windows machine has ALL the windows security and driver updates 1st. Make sure you have the latest version of java.

Must log into PC as admin user,  and run IE as an admistrator(rightclick on IE shortcut run as admin).   Then, run the optimizer:

http://verizon.net/optimizesettings/  

Reboot PC after optimizing and post your speedtest result from: 

speedtest.verizon.net

Test with a borrowed PC from friend/neighbor wired also.

Since field techs PC was faster than yours, the issue is YOUR PC.