Re: Have to Reboot Router Frequently
anonymous24356
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Hubrisnxs!

Love the suggestions, love even more the links to specific instrux!  I've seen a lot of talk about ONT but had no idea what that was referring to.  I'm going to try that tonight after work, will post update either way tonight/tomorrow.  It is hooked up to a GFCI outlet, which I reset but didn't do the full reboot process.

0 Likes
anonymous24356
Enthusiast - Level 3

It says its resolved in a private area...but can't get to it.  Sweet!!!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi brett611

It doesn't say it *is* resolved, it says it's being revolved, in other words it is in progress. 

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look down the middle towards the bottom where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

0 Likes
anonymous24356
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hubrisnxs - rebooted ONT last night but kids had too much homework+halloween to test out xbox.  Will know more tonight

thx

Brett

0 Likes
anonymous24356
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hubrisnxs -

Rebooting ONT had no affect on the issue.  I was looking at the router logs and saw the following.  These dates and times generally match when problems have been experienced.  No clue what it means.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
anonymous24356
Enthusiast - Level 3

The replacement router they gave me is aMI424WR Rev. I FiOS Router with firmware revision
40.19.22.  My prior was a Westell A90-9100EM15-10, rev B.

Same problem exists with both routers

ps - my support case was opened on 10/30/12 but I have yet to receive any assistance, other than being directed to a non-working URL.  I've left several responses on the support case informing them of this error, but no response. 

0 Likes
anonymous24356
Enthusiast - Level 3

Problem solved!

The electric company installed a new meter, which allows for wireless meter reads.  This is interferring with the VZ box.  The solution was to move the VZ gear at least 2 feet away.

VZ technician who came to my house saturday diagnosed the problem within 30 seconds of me describing it to him

AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

brett61,

That is great to hear!  Thanks for letting us know!

AnnieS

0 Likes
CBRMichael1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having a similar issue.  I have a RevI Actiontec router with dual antennas(not sure of firmware as I am not at home).  My wife can be on her laptop all day, then when I come home with my ipad, it make her lose connection to the router.  The router still connects to my iPhone 4 and iPad (both with iOS 6.0.1), but she is unable to connect to router at all.  Everything continues to function normally on my Apple devices, so we are still connected to the internet.  I have a laptop as well, and when this is happneing, both of the laptops stop connecting, but the apple devices, our Toshiba TV and BluRay players continue to function normally.  As a temp fix, I disconnect internet from my iPad and restart the router.  It works until we try to run both at the same time.

I am mildly computer literate, though I know little about network setups beyond security, MAC filtering, and other slightly advanced setup stuff. 

This is really frustrating and seems to be getting worse.  We used it like this in our new house for several months before this started happening.

0 Likes