Have wireless signal/connection but can't get on internet
BenCartwright

We have Verizon fios and the actiontec M124-WR Rev. C router serving two hardwired computers and three wireless laptops.

The laptops are:

HP

Dell

MSI

About three months ago I changed the router security from wep to wpa to facilitate connection with a new blue ray player and everything has worked just fine for about three months now.

About a week ago the three wireless laptops suddenly starting having problems with getting pages to load, yet they still had a solid wireless connection showing the typical strong signal and full speed. There seems to be no pattern other then these laptops will have this problem multiple times each night (when they are used), sometimes twice per night, other times more times per night. Disconnecting the wireless signal and then reconnecting (via the laptop) solves the problem about 80% of the time, the other 40% requires a complete re-boot of the computer and re-establishment of the connection during the boot process.

Any ideas what could be amiss here?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Have wireless signal/connection but can't get on internet
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am not sure of what is going on, but it could be because the router has a Small/Tiny NAT table.

I point to

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16233

0 Likes