Help, Advanced Filtering with Actiontec MI424WR-GEN2 HW Ver. E
JSmith011

Hello I'm having a little difficulty configuring the Advanced Filtering option on my FiOS Router  I'm trying to only allow Outbound traffic from a specific group of machines within my network. And then, still through the use of the Advanced Filtering I would like to completely deny everything else (regardless of what it is).If it helps any to know I had changed my Private IP Address range to 10.94.172.X/24, How exactly would I go about filling out the source and destination address fields; I've done this task once before without fail and it worked flawlessly however recently had to reset my Router and like a dunce I had forgotten to save my config to a file (wont forget to do that again) Smiley LOL

PS: When I try to deny traffic I select for Source Address:Any and for Destination Address:Any Protocol:Any Operation:Reject

when I do this Im unable to access the internet, even though I had previously created a rule to explicitly allow connections on certiaIn machines, Using Advanced Filtering it looks something like this:image

btw 10.94.{edited for privacy} is my Router's new IP

0 Likes
Re: Help, Advanced Filtering with Actiontec MI424WR-GEN2 HW Ver. E
Hubrisnxs
Legend

i dont use filtering but i have seen these instructions at actiontecs website

Set up Advanced Filtering
With the BHR's advanced filtering options, you can prevent a particular computer on the BHR network from accessing a protocol, such as a game, website, or application. 

1.    Open a Web browser and enter "http://192.168.1.1" in the Address bar. Then, press the "Enter" key on the keyboard.
2.    In the "Login" screen, enter the BHR's username and password (default login: username – "admin"; password – "password" or "password1"), then click OK.
3.    In the next screen, click Security.
4.    Select Advanced Filtering from the left side the "Security" screen.
5.    Advanced filtering can be used on any connection controlled by the BHR, including Network (Home/Office), Broadband Connection (Ethernet and Coax), Ethernet, etc. In this procedure, we will implement advanced filtering for Network (Home/Office). Under the heading ‚"Network (Home/Office) Rules," click Add.
6.    Select the computer to filter in both the "Source Address‚" and "Destination Address" sections of the screen from the appropriate drop-down lists.
7.    Select the protocol to be filtered from the "Rule Name" section drop-down list. Activate "Drop" in the "Operation" section by clicking the appropriate radio button. Finally, click Apply at the bottom of the screen.
8.    When the previous screen (Security) reappears, note that the rule has been added under the heading "Network (Home/Office) Rules." Click OK at the bottom of the screen to apply the changes made. The selected computer will be blocked from accessing the selected protocol.

0 Likes
lgprezes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do not have a "security" tab in my router I have MI424WR-GEN2

0 Likes
MikeKro1

Go into Firewall settings.

0 Likes