Help. Can someone tell me the taxes on their triple bundle package in NYC
echoecho
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can someone with a bundle package fios tv, interenet and phone, the ~$94.99 plan tell me what the taxes are?  Basically what is the total cost of the bill per month is in NYC and if it is the same amount every month and if not how much it fluctuates.  I have looked everywhere and can't find the answer and Verizon can't tell me the number.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Help. Can someone tell me the taxes on their triple bundle package in NYC
yenracd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure I'll be of much help, but I'm in NJ and have the 99.99 a month package.  On my last bill I paid 5.99 a month for the STB rental and 13.30 in taxes, fees and other charges; which is for voice the federal excise tax, state tax, E911, Federal Universal service fee-LD, Federal subscriber line charge, and Federal universal service fee and for TV is state tax, video franchise fee and CATV universal access fund.

When I signed up they told me about 15 dollars for the taxes, fees and other charges, plus whatever "extras" I decide to get (the set top box, high def box, etc.).  Hope this helps a little even though I'm not in NYC.

prisaz
Legend

@echoecho wrote:

Can someone with a bundle package fios tv, interenet and phone, the ~$94.99 plan tell me what the taxes are?  Basically what is the total cost of the bill per month is in NYC and if it is the same amount every month and if not how much it fluctuates.  I have looked everywhere and can't find the answer and Verizon can't tell me the number.

Thanks

Well I am not in NYC, but I am in Montgomery County Maryland just North of DC. Mine is about $20 with federal subscriber line charge, 911 Fee, Taxes, Taxes and Taxes, not to mention the franchise fee for cable. So if you budget about $15-$20 you should be safe. I think they are all the same. Cellular service and other cable providers are no better. It seems that all the extras are for them to provide service, and are tacked on after their basic service price. Franchise fee burns me. Why should I pay for their overhead to provide service in my county. Either put it in the price or pay it yourself. My Opinion. Just like $99.99, why not just say $100.
Message Edited by prisaz on 03-22-2009 05:47 PM
0 Likes
koolitmo
I am just curious.  If you had factored in $15 - $20 in taxes and fees, what were the additional charges beside the bundle price of $94.99 or $99.99?  How many set top boxes do you have?  Did you sign up for additional channels? 
0 Likes
echoecho
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK.  Finally found the answer.  Thanks for all those that responded.

Actually was able to get the triple play fios (20mps for internet), fios tv and phone for $84.99 (there was an additional discount of $10 if you order via phone).  After all applicable taxes the final bill comes to ~$102/month.  Free standard HD top box.  Hope this helps for others out there in NYC.  I assume if you were to go with the 94.99 the final bill would be ~$10 more.

prisaz
Legend

@echoecho wrote:

OK.  Finally found the answer.  Thanks for all those that responded.

Actually was able to get the triple play fios (20mps for internet), fios tv and phone for $84.99 (there was an additional discount of $10 if you order via phone).  After all applicable taxes the final bill comes to ~$102/month.  Free standard HD top box.  Hope this helps for others out there in NYC.  I assume if you were to go with the 94.99 the final bill would be ~$10 more.

Wow this one fell through the cracks. I am happy you finally found your answer. Sounds like a deal to me. Mine is $109 Tripple Play with Extreme HD with Sports.$15.99 for HD DVR, $3.99 for Digital adapter, $5.99x2 for two SD STBs, $20 taxes and fees.

Total $160

0 Likes