Help - My community needs FIOS!
Crunchberry1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just moved to Hurst, TX (technically Fort Worth) and Iive in a large subdivision called Lakes of River Trails.  This is a densely populated suburban subdivision and there are NO, and I mean ZERO internet service or cable providers.  The only option is DSL or Clear.  I am trying Clear and can't get service.  DSL is too slow.  If FIOS would move into this area it would be huge business for them as there is NO competition. 

How can I petition for this to happen?  I have almost decided to sell this house, even though I just moved in, over this issue.  Moving here I couldn't even imagine there would be an area of the metroplex that is this much in the dark ages. 

Re: Help - My community needs FIOS!
cbwoodstock91
Contributor - Level 1

Hi

I found this link https://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/GoFlow/NationalBundles/BundleQualify.aspx

you can check availability and sign up for future notification for when FiOS does roll into your area.

Good Luck!

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

If you dont live in a Verizon territory, there is little to no chance of getting FIOS in the area.

I'll give you an example, where I live here in CA, I have Verizon. Started with DSL and then got FIOS when they upgraded. Yet 2 blocks away where my girlfriend lives, there is no Verizon service of any kind. She lives in ATT territory. Verizon could not provide service at her house at all. When all the "baby bells" were broken up back in the 80's, they were given territories where they could provide service. They cannot cross over into another terrirtory. So if there is no Verizon phone/dsl in your area right now, there is little to no chance of getting Verizon into your area. Even if Verizon was expanding, which they have slowed way down the last couple years to focus on beefing up what they have now.

reagan2007

Hey,

Whatever happened with you down there in LORT??   I just moved into an even newer sub (jul-2012) and have NOTHING as well... of course I want Fios..  Was/is this a lost cause for this area??

Thanks!

Zip 76118

0 Likes