Help -- Need Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I wireless N firmware 40.19.22 - Cant find it
boom4u
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the gigabit wireless N Actiontec, i updated the firmware on the router menu and it rolled me back to 40.19.20 for some dumb reason, the current version is 40.19.22.... It is not listed on the Verizon router firmware site... I purchased this router from verizon. Please help.

0 Likes
Re: Help -- Need Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I wireless N firmware 40.19.22 - Cant find it
tns
Master - Level 2

Not sure if its out there since you say it rolled back. For my Actiontec router the page on the router that shows the address to automatically or manually check for updates actually shows the address URL that you can open in your browser to download a copy of the Current version they are rolling out for your router in your area.  I had to do this once when the automatic and manual update were both failing to update my  Actiontec for some reason.   Note they sometimes stage rollouts so that they may still not be 40.19.22.

0 Likes
Re: Help -- Need Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I wireless N firmware 40.19.22 - Cant find it
boom4u
Enthusiast - Level 3

my router shipped with that firmware, it even has a sticker on the side that says it did. However It rolled backwards when updaing it.

I need someone from verizon to make this their issue and help me. Who is the man around here ? or woman ?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Does the update page on the router show a URL.  If so try opening it in a browser and see what version it is.

Note they may have decided there is a problem with 40.19.22 and be rolling it back until there is a fix.  Normally a older version will not overlay a newer version.

0 Likes
rogue3

I have the same problem.

0 Likes
boom4u
Enthusiast - Level 3

It fixed it self.... it updates to .22 after a day or so....

You cant copy the url, it wont let you open it in a browser.....says "access denied"....

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@boom4u wrote:

It fixed it self.... it updates to .22 after a day or so....

You cant copy the url, it wont let you open it in a browser.....says "access denied"....

The URL page still works on the a-e revisions. So probably they changed it at least for rev I

0 Likes