Re: Help Opening TCP/UDP Ports on FIOS M1424WR Router for PS3
edman007x
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yup, with that said I got the patch working, I went into my router, under advanced->DNS server, add a DNS entry and make b0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net resolve to 68.142.93.254 (I guess some westcoast limelight IP), and boom, it works (my PS3 is configured for the router as the DNS server)

somolox
Enthusiast - Level 1

Things went from simple to waaay over my head with these additional responses. Does this mean this is an issue I can't fix on my own? I I would need step by step instructions for the Limelight-related fix otherwise. 

I think for now I'm going to try just switching back and forth between the two IPs for the port forwarding. When I have a new game I'll open the ports for my PS3, when the other system needs it open, I'll swith. Not very happy with this solution though.

And apparently Verizon is unable to help me with this issue. I need to contact the Expert Care Team and pay them money on top of my monthly sub. fee to try and fix this issue. Verizon sure is great. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If you enable UpNP it does it all automatically for you.

So my recommendation is to delete your Port forwarding rules regarding all this, and just simply make sure UpNP is enabled by clicking the following link.

UpNP hidden Menu

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active%5fpage=900

The rest of it is out of your hands and network related on a larger scale than yours.  It might be a contributing factor, it might not.  But for the things that you CAN do is enable UpNP and let the router configure those ports on the fly and when needed. 

mdx728
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cant thank Hubrisnxs, edman007x and the rest of you enough!

I didnt go the port forwarding route but i did both what Hubrisnxs suggested and what edman007x suggested for DNS server. Not sure exactly which one worked. I basically had the same issue, ps3 + blackops 2 that arose two days ago when i was trying to update the new patch. I actually noticed that netflix and other updates were also taking long. Not sure why this happened.

But question to edman007x, was that link specifically for this patch? or is it good for blackops 2 / ps3 game updates? Im really hoping this doesnt happen again in the future. It was quite weird since this is the first game this has ever occured. Im going to try to play wirelessly tomorrow just to make sure i didnt run into any issues (currently hardwired). Thanks again!

0 Likes