Help getting FiOS to new construction home
mikejeep
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are building a house on a small new street with underground utilities in Massachusetts. The entire town (including the road our new street runs off of) already has access to FiOS TV/internet, and has for years. I've been trying to get the ball rolling on getting our street wired, but I can't seem to get past the telephone reps who just tell me my street is not in their database. I've asked to open an engineering ticket but they say they cannot do that as my address simply is not in their database. We will be moving in the next 30-60 days and would like to get things started so we do not have much of a delay in connecting service once we are in the new house. Is there a way I can contact the appropriate department to ensure that Verizon is aware of the new street and will be providing service? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help getting FiOS to new construction home
mikejeep
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wanted to provide a final update.. by reaching out to line workers I happened to see around town, I was put in touch with the Verizon engineer responsible for my area. They were aware of the street, but the developer hadn't been communicating with them so nothing was being done. As soon as I gave the engineer some details, things started moving and within 6 weeks, our street had fiber and we were able to order FiOS. The engineer was very helpful and she remained in touch with me throughout the process; once Verizon had the necessary information, construction moved quickly. The local cable company still has not done any work, but we don't need them now. Hopefully someone else is able to do something similar if they face this in the future!

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried contacting Verizon for an order?

Even just for phone service.

FIOS may take longer, but if they can't even provide POTs service, no way they will do FIOS.

0 Likes
mikejeep
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, sorry I didn't get the e-mail notification so I wasn't aware there was a reply.

I did try calling to attempt to order service a couple of times, and they simply say my street is not in their database so they cannot provide me with service. They suggested that I try searching my address on their website and initiating service in that manner, but of course my address does not appear on the website either. I understand why the street is not in their database; it did not exist until 6 months ago.

I have to guess that FiOS aside, they should be rolling out at least basic telephone service to the street. And I can't imagine that they would run copper, especially with FiOS being everywhere around it. It just seems like with occupancy imminent, that should be done by now.

0 Likes
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

Try pushing from the other end.  Your address isn't listed because the city engineering folks haven't told Verizon it exists.  If you don't push them to do so, then it will get done whenever it gets done.  Need to get them to do so.  Also, your city and Verizon should have a written contract for FiOS service.  Maybe the city office administering that could help you get it done.

mikejeep
Enthusiast - Level 2

That approach sounds reasonable, thanks for the idea starrin! I will try on Monday and see how it goes. It's a very small town and many of the municipal employees work very limited hours, so hopefully I can track down someone. I'll post an update when I have one.

0 Likes
mikejeep
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wanted to provide a final update.. by reaching out to line workers I happened to see around town, I was put in touch with the Verizon engineer responsible for my area. They were aware of the street, but the developer hadn't been communicating with them so nothing was being done. As soon as I gave the engineer some details, things started moving and within 6 weeks, our street had fiber and we were able to order FiOS. The engineer was very helpful and she remained in touch with me throughout the process; once Verizon had the necessary information, construction moved quickly. The local cable company still has not done any work, but we don't need them now. Hopefully someone else is able to do something similar if they face this in the future!