Help trying to set up a Verizon fios with a Panasonic blu ray disc dmp bdt210
greenblm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can get connected and pass all the test but then can not connect to vera cast etc, also when I shut it off i loss the connection.

I have not tried to change security to wpa which i see many post say this alone will work

Also I did not want to do this because I was worried that I would have to change all my TV settings to the new security wpa code.

I am able to get blu ray up and running fine on my time Warner cable modem fine as I have this at home for work.

Thanks

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help trying to set up a Verizon fios with a Panasonic blu ray disc dmp bdt210
greenblm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just FYI for any one else with problems with blu ray I finally just changed my security settings to wpa and I am know able to log on and use blu ray player through fioz wireless no issues, no one can explain why it works but it does.

View solution in original post

Re: Help trying to set up a Verizon fios with a Panasonic blu ray disc dmp bdt210
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your TV signal comes in via coax and has nothing to do with WPA which is a wireless only setting.

Actually should say the tv signal to the STB's is coax and then the connection to the tv is probably HDMI.  Either way wireless is not involved in it at the tV level.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless your TV is an Internet-connected TV and uses Wireless besides the Blu-Ray player, you shoudn't have anything to worry about with trying WPA/WPA2 securty over WEP. It's really just a matter of running through the typical step-by-step configuration again, where you're pushing next through the menus for a majority of the time and reconfiguring any PCs you have on the wireless after the Blu-Ray player is verified as working. As for the actual Set Top Box if you have one for TV, that doesn't use the wireless. It get's it data from the Coax which is completely independant.

greenblm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks i am still wondering does anyone else have isues connecting to fioz wireless wiht  a blu ray player.

greenblm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just FYI for any one else with problems with blu ray I finally just changed my security settings to wpa and I am know able to log on and use blu ray player through fioz wireless no issues, no one can explain why it works but it does.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear the problem was solved. The reason it seems a lot of people using WEP are having issues with newer devices seems to be a software incompatibility or possibly a hardware incompatibility. WEP is really getting dated now, so it's best if people start moving to WPA2 or at the very minimum, WPA.

0 Likes