Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Help with Firewall

rgrohman
Contributor
Contributor

Help with Firewall

Message 1 of 5
(6,101 Views)

I want to setup my firewall to block websites but I don't not want the Verizon Warning Screen to come up, is it possible? I have sites blocked and when you try to go to those sites the verizon window comes up saying it is blocked. I don't want them to know they are being blocked!

Thanks!

Rob

4 REPLIES 4
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Help with Firewall

Message 2 of 5
(6,078 Views)

@rgrohman wrote:

I want to setup my firewall to block websites but I don't not want the Verizon Warning Screen to come up, is it possible? I have sites blocked and when you try to go to those sites the verizon window comes up saying it is blocked. I don't want them to know they are being blocked!

Thanks!

Rob

Don't think so. I have looked at all the advanced filtering options and I have not seen anyway to turn off this notice. Looked at Actiontec and Westell router manuals and did not see anyway to turn the notification off. I even had a Netgear router and tried, but a notice always comes up. Would be a nice firmware feature to disable blocking notice. Better to have the connection time out without a notice for some connections. Better if you could set turn off filter notifications for this mac address or all mac addresses. Perhaps it could be done. I have used parental controls and if anyone asked, I said traffic of that type is blocked. Tuff!
Message Edited by prisaz on 02-27-2009 05:31 PM
cjacobs001
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 3 of 5
(6,056 Views)
Which firewall are you speaking about?    The firewall in the router or the Verizon internet security suite firewall?
cjacobs001
rgrohman
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(6,002 Views)

The router firewall. It comes up with a notice that the site is being blocked but a time out notice would be great. I wonder if anyone know where that graphic may be located? Maybe it could be changed??

Thanks!

prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 5 of 5
(5,983 Views)

@rgrohman wrote:

The router firewall. It comes up with a notice that the site is being blocked but a time out notice would be great. I wonder if anyone know where that graphic may be located? Maybe it could be changed??

Thanks!

I am sure it's in the router firmware. You would need to hack and reverse engineer the firmware. I think it would be difficult not to mention illegal. There are routers out there based on DD-WRT and the source code is gpl available on the web. It may be you could piggy back something to the actiontec to achieve the desired filtering result. I am running IP cop and it uses a proxy filter. It may be you will need to run a software router and proxy server to do what you want.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.