Help with Setup for my own Quantum Gateway
Jennifer1162
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all,

Purchased my own Quantum Gateway router but need some help with setup.  I unplugged the rental router and plugged in the purchased router.  Things seemed to be working ok but I’m now unable to use the Fios TV app to switch channels, watch on mobile devices, and set up recordings.  

I have read a bit about releasing the dhcp but I don’t think I understand what to do.  Will Verizon assist me if I call tech support?

Thanks for any assistance - just hate paying to rent their router!

0 Likes
Re: Help with Setup for my own Quantum Gateway
jonjones1
Legend

@Jennifer1162 wrote:

Hi all,

Purchased my own Quantum Gateway router but need some help with setup.  I unplugged the rental router and plugged in the purchased router.  Things seemed to be working ok but I’m now unable to use the Fios TV app to switch channels, watch on mobile devices, and set up recordings.  

I have read a bit about releasing the dhcp but I don’t think I understand what to do.  Will Verizon assist me if I call tech support?

Thanks for any assistance - just hate paying to rent their router!

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/15898

As long as it’s a Verizon branded router they will support it.

however if you purchased one of those frontier Quantum routers there is nothing Fios can do. It has different firmware and many do not get a connection. The link I gave you is how to release your dhcp. 

Good luck brave warrior. You only learn by doing 😀

0 Likes