Help with Wireless TYVM
rukan23

Hey guys i just became a verizon fios customer yesterday and my wireless has been having issues ever since everything was activated, the installation guy told me to talk to tech support but i can't find their number so i decided to post here, i can connect directly just fine but when i try to connect with Wireless i get local only connection, i have windows vista and i have had trouble connecting to fios wireless before in different homes, please help if possible, if any further information is required it can be provided, thanks in advance 🙂

0 Likes
Re: Help with Wireless TYVM
rukan23

sorry for the double post but i did, attempt the in home agent and it could not solve my problem 🙂 please help

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rukan23 wrote:

Hey guys i just became a verizon fios customer yesterday and my wireless has been having issues ever since everything was activated, the installation guy told me to talk to tech support but i can't find their number so i decided to post here, i can connect directly just fine but when i try to connect with Wireless i get local only connection, i have windows vista and i have had trouble connecting to fios wireless before in different homes, please help if possible, if any further information is required it can be provided, thanks in advance 🙂

Sound like you are using the wrong wep key, wep is poor anyway.

Connect to the router (192.168.1.1) as user admin and password password1 or password and change the wireless security to wpa2 as documented in this thread

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/need-help-changing-from-WEP-to-WPA-ENCRYPTION/td-p/232247

rukan23

it says login failed when i try admin and username and password or password1 as the pass, so anythin else?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rukan23 wrote:

it says login failed when i try admin and username and password or password1 as the pass, so anythin else?

You tried username = admin and password = password and password1 and they both failed.

If so the push and hold the reset button on the back of the router until it resets which will return it to factory defaults.  The factory default for password is password and username is admin    They are both in lower case.

what model router is it?

0 Likes
rukan23

did it and it still didnt work, the model i guesssss iss......   A90-9100EM15-10

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rukan23 wrote:

did it and it still didnt work, the model i guesssss iss......   A90-9100EM15-10

That's a Westell 9100em.

Guaranteed after a reset the userid is admin and password is password - it's the same model I'm using.  If yours won't accept the credentials entered in lower case then I guess you'll have to call tech support and tell them that there is something defective in your router as you cannot logon after a reset using the default credentials.

Did the installer not give you the userid and password after he completed the installation?  Not that it matters now since after a router reset it will return to factory defaults.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have a copy of the Verizon Westell manual and it actually says there is no default userid and password - see the attachments for pics of the 2 pages detailing initial logon.

After you reset the router did you get presented with the welcome screen (pic logon1).  Followed by the login setup screen (login2)?  If not it sounds like the reset didn't happen.

I also found a thread here that says that Verizon have been changing the default signon password to be the serial number of the router, this can be found on the bottom of the router, the user would still be admin.  You may want to try that combination for a login too.

Can only add 1 attachment so put them on picassa instead- look here

http://picasaweb.google.com/100143776349078707865/9100emLogin?feat=directlink

Would be nice if the manual could be found on the Verizon site.  I have no idea where I obtained it from originally but the Westell site refers you to the verizon site where I failed to find it.

0 Likes
rukan23

ok ill try to put the number on the bottom of the router as password, if it doesn't work can u please give me the tech support number. because i can't find it anywhere i live in new port richey, florida

0 Likes
rukan23

http://i33.tinypic.com/knm7a.jpg

that's what my login looks like, even when i reset the router....

0 Likes