Help with apparent FiOS switch
Beigen

Sorry for the tone of the subject line, but I couldn't think of a better way to describe it. We received a letter from Verizon saying that they had reviewed our account and that they believed we could lower our bill. We only needed to call them. I did that yesterday. The representative asked me questions about the channels we watch most often, and my first answer was that we frequently watch all the "British" channels, such as BBC America, and other more local public TV channels that show reruns of British TV shows. Based on this and other answers, he changed our bundle to one that included only Prime HD instead of the Extreme HD package. I found out a day later, after the change had been effected, that we lost BBC America. In other words, the representative made a mistake in recommending the change to us. I called tonight and spoke to a rude customer service person (more about this later) who told me that I had only two choices: Go back to the Extreme HD package and pay $10/month more than we were paying yesterday before I called Verizon, or go back to the Extreme HD package and pay the same amount  we were paying but now with dramatically slower Internet speeds. The customer service representative refused to allow me or my wife to speak to a supervisor, so we agreed to take the slower Internet speed for now and decided to try to find somebody higher up in Verizon who could help. (My wife has cancer and in fact will be having surgery tomorrow, so we don't want to lose a TV channel she watches regularly while she's recovering, and I won't have time to deal with Verizon over the next few days.)

This certainly seems like a kind of switch to me. The explanation is that Verizon no longer offers the Internet speeds that we had yesterday, so our only option is to change to a slower speed or pay more money than we were paying, albeit for faster Internet speeds than we had yesterday but that we don't need. All this because we answered a letter that Verizon sent to us telling us to call them and because their customer rep made a mistake when he told me it was ok to change our service.

I would have discussed this with a supervisor if I could have reached one, but as I said, there was nothing I could say to the representative today to persuade him to hand me over to one. Is there a corporate customer care center I can contact when I have time? This is so distressing that we're thinking of changing back to DirecTV and using Comcast for Internet and phone. We liked DirecTV but don't love the idea of having to use Comcast for anything, but this is really unacceptable. We just want back what we had yesterday at the same price we had yesterday.

Thanks for any help anyone out there can give.

0 Likes
Re: Help with apparent FiOS switch
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Help with apparent FiOS switch
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Beigen

We'll be closing your private case thread because we haven't heard from you in a while.

Let us know if you still require assistance by posting here and we'll reopen your case.

Thanks!

Art

0 Likes