Help with internet security
blueninth

Well my family have just clean out our computer due to a virus and it had erased out Verizon anti virus. I tried to redownload it and it wants out user ID and i had put it in the same way and it says it doesn't match like can someone tell me if the account thing is acting **bleep** i can't surf the net without protection

0 Likes
Re: Help with internet security
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I can't answer your question.  Actually, I don't really understand your question.  But I can suggest you download and install Microsoft Security Essentials.  It's free and it's kept me out of trouble since MS released it.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Well the username that the page wants is

username@verizon.net

You dont put in the @verizon portion when signing in. Make sure that you are using the "Primary" email username. Not one of the sub accounts as only the Primary has access to the security.

If you are putting it in correctly and it still kicks it back at you, then it is not liking your password. Remember your password has at least 6 characters and contains both numbers and letters.

If you still cannot get in, then the next thing to try is follow the "forgot password" link on the sign in and answer your secrete question to reset your password

If you STILL cannot get in then it is time to contact tech support. Either use the chat link in the "contact us" or call 888-553-1555

In the mean time, I would get the AVG or AVAST free anti-virus software for protection until you can get into the web site. Just make sure you remove the AVG or AVAST before installing the VISS

On a personal note. I'd drop the VISS anyway and just stick with the AVG or AVAST as they are free and better than VISS in my opinion anyway.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Also the In Home Agent will install the verizon internet security suite and won't ask you for a username or password.  you may already have it installed. 

The ICON looks like this

if it's not downloaded then click the link above, and you can download it for free.

If it's already downloaded, then open the program  and in the bottom middle of the home screen you will find a red box that says you are subscribed to verizon internet security, click here to download.    (you will see

the picture of the tv/laptop and phone) 

that one won't ask you for a user or a password

0 Likes