Help with not agreeing to a new contract

Help with not agreeing to a new contract

Highlighted
Contributor lina23
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(381 Views)

Hello,

I have been a customer for more than 15 years of verizon. I called last week to review high billing charges.  The repersentatve was able to lower bill but without my knowledge renewed my account into a two year contarct starting 4/23.  I called and message on 4/24 to cancel contract and explained that I did not agree with a renewal.  I was told I would be charged early termination fee.   I am within a 24 hour window and they wont let me cancel without fee. I feel that verizon doped me into a very expensive service while they are offering new customers better deals. Has anyone else had this issue? Any advise who I can contact for help? I am in the state of Maryland. Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(376 Views)

You sure they didn't mention a contract as part of the lower pricing?

Without dropping services, that is usually the only way to lower prices is to sign ups for a contract.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator
Message 3 of 4
(369 Views)
This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 4 of 4
(336 Views)

Usually this agency handles these situations http://www.psc.state.md.us

but if that doesn’t work try http://www.marylandattorneygeneral.gov/Pages/CPD/default.aspx

i dont live in your state but this should suffice. 

Contracts for services are normally set at 3 day cooling off period. Not sure if your state does the same as NY. Check McKinneys under General Business Obligations at your library.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.