sheasheila

Why Am I Paying For Verizon Fios Quantum 50/25 and Only Getting 18/14 When Lucky.. Just Renewed My 2 Year Contract and Im Kinda **bleep**.. Had Fios For Over 4 Years and Before I Had 35/35 and Then I Was Only Get 23/18 Im Disappointed and I Was Told I Would Get A New Red WiFi Double Antenna Router For Free But Haven't Gotten One Yet..

0 Likes
Re: Hi
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is the wrong forum (DSL) and hopefully will be moved.  And remember most of us are peers.

You didn't say but it sounds like you are talking wireless speed, and if so that is the problem.  If someone at Verizon promised you a New router (actiontec MI424WR  version I) follow up on that.

With the MI424WR versions F, G, or I you should be able to get closer to your top speed assuming your device supports wireless-N speeds.  Things to try on those routers are:

• Make sure router is set to use WPA2 security.  Mandatory for sercure wireless-n speeds
  • If all your devices support wireless-n, set performance mode rather than mixed mode.
  • Try changing the channel used for communication in case its crowded by others near you.  Suggested channels are 1, 6 or 11.
Re: Hi
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@sheasheila wrote:

Why Am I Paying For Verizon Fios Quantum 50/25 and Only Getting 18/14 When Lucky.. Just Renewed My 2 Year Contract and Im Kinda **bleep**.. Had Fios For Over 4 Years and Before I Had 35/35 and Then I Was Only Get 23/18 Im Disappointed and I Was Told I Would Get A New Red WiFi Double Antenna Router For Free But Haven't Gotten One Yet..

I doubt they'll give you a wirless-n routre for free.  They' provide you with a router that can handle your speed tier when connected by wire.  The wireless connection just happens to be ancillary to the router and there is no guarantee of reaching you max speed there.  If you are in a 100mb + tier they will provide you with a router that has gigabit wired ports and all of those have wireless-n capability.

0 Likes