High speed Internet
Natice82
I am very disappointed in the technical support service that Verizon has offered me. My Internet has been out since Monday and a supervisor was suppose to call me today at 6pm. I even tried calling myself and was on hold for over an hour and no one answered. I call technical support and was on hold for another 20 mins only to be transferred to a centered that was already closed for the day. I am very irritated and would never recommend Verizon to anyone. A very dissatisfied customer!!!
0 Likes
Re: High speed Internet
AWSinNottingham

My sympathies to you. Service is as bad as can be and they keep raising rates. I hate Verizon, but hate Comcast even more, but there is no competition.

0 Likes
Natice82
Thank you. Yes, I agree with you that service is terrible and they keep raising rates. I'm also upset that I spend so much time with them on the phone that I went over my airtime so not only do I not have Internet, I will be charged a 45 dollar fee for going over my phone minutes. Hope your service is better than mine.
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if you have verizon wireless the calls to tech support don't count against your minutes. 

if you tell us what is wrong with it, we might be able to help.   is it just the internet that is down or everything at the house?  if it's just the internet, does it work on any machine or is it only one pc that can't connect

0 Likes
Natice82
No I don't have Verizon wireless so I'm screwed with the airtime. So on Monday the wireless connection just stopped working on my phone and laptop. It is just the Internet that is down. Also it is only working on one pc but you have to use the cord to connect.
0 Likes
Natice82
Also the technical support team still have not called me. It's Friday and I have not been able to use the internet on my laptop wireless. I even tried the cord and it does not work either.
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Try this then.  

Make sure the PC has wireless.  If you give us the model number we can look it up for you. 

First, open the Network and Sharing Center. You can do this by clicking on the wireless network symbol from the taskbar and clicking on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center’. An alternative would be to go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center.

clip_image001

On the left side of the Network and Sharing Center window, click on the ‘Manage wireless networks’ link.

In the Manage Wireless Networks window you will see a list with all wireless networks to which you have connected in the past. Single click on the one which interests you. a remove button will appear and you want to remove it.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

After that you need to reconnect to the Verizon network. 

Your network name is on the bottom of your router. 

It's labeled as an ESSID

Your password is also on your router, and it's labeled as EITHER a WEP or a WPA2   (you don't type wep or wpa2, you just type the stuff after)

And then connect to it. 

So find your wireless network icon in the bottom right, and then select your network

0 Likes
Natice82
Thanks for your help but I ended up getting fios and everything is working fine now.
0 Likes