Home Agent gives false negative for email test
jrsyangl
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I run Fix my Email Problem in Home Agent, it says that the test email was not received. However, there are 4 new time stamped VZ in Home Agent Email Utility emails in my Inbox. As far as I can tell, I am sending and receiving email OK. I can send myself email OK.  Is the Home Agent software at fault, or is there some subtle problem in my email account? I have IE8, OE6, windows XP SP3. Any help would be appreciated.

Lou

0 Likes
Re: Home Agent gives false negative for email test
agent
Enthusiast - Level 2

As far as i can see the home agent would be at fault there, you can send yourself an email from that email client, from your email to your email and see if you get your message back in your inbox.. if you do get that message back then go ahead and ignore that message.. because if you are able to send and recieve a message (from yourself to yourself) then the email is working just fine.. and there is nothing to worry about..

let us know if you have any other questions/concerns about that.

0 Likes
jrsyangl
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thank you. That's what I thought also. Now I'm wondering that if Home Agent is that untrustworty, maybe I should just uninstall it. After all, what are the benefits if you can't trust it?
0 Likes
agent
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well at this point i can see how you do not trust the software, and it may have just been a bug on the software for email, i'm sure you can delete it if you would like, but it may come in handy (given that that is the only bug with it) if you have other issues that it might be a little more "honest" about.. but as far as the email goes it sounds like it was working well the whole time.

and Your Welcome for that information/ confirmation.

VZ_KG
Enthusiast - Level 3

This seems to be a bug with Vz In Home Agent. I will forward this issue to the respective Vz department and it should be fixed soon.

If you can provide some information to look at this issue, that will be really helpful.

1. Your Operating System

2. Which mail client did you use - outlook, outlook express or windows mail?

3. At what time on 7/20 did you use it? We may have made a release after that to fix this issue.

jrsyangl
Enthusiast - Level 2

1 windows XP Pro SP3

2 outlook express

3 It failed on 7/17 around 3 PM Eastern; 7/21 around 11PM; and just now 7/24 ~6PM and this time Webmail also had a red check.

It says Release 5.0207 in lower left hand corner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

jrsyangl. Just wanted to follow up on this post  have not seen a repsonse in awhile. Are you still having any kind of issues with Home Agent? Thanks Brett

0 Likes
VZ_KG
Enthusiast - Level 3

I checked on this from dev team. This issue was fixed couple of months ago. If you are still facing any issue, pls post again.

0 Likes