Home Based Authentication
GotHelp

Do Verizon wireless routers have Home Based Authentication as a feature/service?

This is all I could find from Verzion on the topic. 

http://www.verizon.com/support/smallbusiness/tv/fiostv/guide/video+on+demand/questionsone/122597.htm

A TV app I am having problems with signing into a Verizon account with asked me to check with Verizon about if this is turned on and gave me this decription of it.

"Home Based Authentication is a service that some TV Providers have begun to provide to their guests where they assign your login credentials to the network you are connecting with (typically your home WiFi). However, this can cause issues with properly authentication your login sessions on our app."

I contacted Verizon internet support and was told they had never heard of Home Based Authentication. When I use this TV app at home on my wifi network and choose verizon as a TV provider, I am automatically being signed in without being promted for a username and password. I turn off wifi or leave my network I am suddenly prompted now prompted (as I want) for my username and password. This would seem to confirm Verizon is using Home Based Authentication. Can anyone provide assistance on this topic?

0 Likes
Re: Home Based Authentication
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the app? Is it for a particular channel?

0 Likes
GotHelp

This is for Disney's app DisneyNOW. The Disney cannel is one that the account I'm trying to use does have as a viewable channel. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure why.

I installed DIsney Now app and when I selected Verizon, I was signed right in.

I was using a Samsung Android Tablet.

0 Likes
erinog

I just wanted to say I'm having the same issue currently and Verizon has not been able to help me, saying they don't know what Home Based Authentication.  If anyone has found a solution please let us know.

0 Likes
Burrtotheitknee

I am having this exact same issue on Disney now through my fire stick. It is automatic and doesn’t allow me to log in. 

0 Likes
Lorifour

I am having the same problem with Verizon Fios

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes