Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Home Network Encryption Alert

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Home Network Encryption Alert

Message 1 of 5
(940 Views)

I keep getting this alert which is wrong to begin with . The message tells me that my encription is not set correctly there for it may be a security issue . Well I checked the encryption and it is set to WPA2 as it should be for this Quantum 1100 router . This is not the first time I have received wrong information AKA my location is not always correct , as a matter of fact it sometimes isn't even showing the correct state . I never pay much attention to the message but it is annoying that it pops up every time that I sign in and has been for weeks . Is there any way to delete or reset those notification messages ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Home Network Encryption Alert

Message 2 of 5
(904 Views)

I get the same out-of-date "Alert", we are still in the 20th century Verizon FiOS.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(809 Views)

I just find it more of an annoyance than anything else as it floats down the page as you scroll down , if you don't close it . There must have been some type of issue yesterday with data transfer in the afternoon too . I signed in today to find 3 e-mails with time stamps which never showed up yesterday afternoon when I was signed into the site . I'm begining to wonder what's going on with the Fios in this area . It seems as if when we are streaming an on demand or net flix movie that sometimes the screen just freezes for a second or two . There is no reason for this because we only have 1 tv , no digital recorder or any other devices active at the same time . 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(762 Views)

Yup, same here.  I changed to WPA2 encryption on my wireless home network a good two weeks ago and the dunning alert is still popping up.  Plus I have two other alerts, one asking me to activate the two replacement STB's that are already activated.  How difficult would it be for Verizon to add a "Delete Alert" option?  D-oh! 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(733 Views)

I would say get used to it , because I have been getting it for over a month . It's actually funny that their software doesn't even recognize what type of router is actually installed at the location  , let alone the type of encryption that is selected by the end user . I have looked for a way to reset or as you say delete the message but apparently that has to be done on Verizons end .

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.