Home Network Lost
PennStan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had Verizon DSL and then had FIOS installed one week ago.  I have the Verizon MI424WR router with one PC wired to router and a second PC using a wireless card.  Also have TIVO and Wii connected by wireless to internet through router.  I can access the internet using all the connected devices.  I have gone through the steps to create a "home network."  However, although the network shows up on each PC, the two PC's can not see each other and the TIVO can not see the main computer to play music files or view photos.  I also can not print to the printer connected to the hardwired PC from the wireless PC.  I have checked that file sharing is enabled.  In the router setup, I can see that the router sees all the devices.  Is there a firewall setting in the router or something else that is preventing each device from seeing the other?  All this worked perfectly with the DSL and my home network.  Thanks for any assistance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Home Network Lost
PennStan
Enthusiast - Level 2
Update - got my file/printer sharing to work.  In the other message about file sharing not working, there was a link to a forum on techguy.org.  In that message, there was a discussion about Norton 360 not giving sharing rights to the new actiontec router.  I have Norton 360 and checked that out.  Sure enough, the router was listed in protected status.  I changed the status to shared on both my wireless and wired pc and now file/printer sharing works fine.

View solution in original post

PennStan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry - just noticed a post on 12-22-08 on this same subject.  No need to reply to this unless there are additional suggestions.  Thanks.

0 Likes
PennStan
Enthusiast - Level 2
Update - got my file/printer sharing to work.  In the other message about file sharing not working, there was a link to a forum on techguy.org.  In that message, there was a discussion about Norton 360 not giving sharing rights to the new actiontec router.  I have Norton 360 and checked that out.  Sure enough, the router was listed in protected status.  I changed the status to shared on both my wireless and wired pc and now file/printer sharing works fine.