Home Network Protection
flipnlyd

This application is useless. It has slowed my system way down and I cannot manage it from the app or online. 

In the app, I get a message saying "we are activating your service. Check back soon" but that has been on there for like a week. I have slow connectivity but I am getting the crappy McAfee page blocks like it is working.

How can I disable this or get is activated fully so I can go into Settings and deactivate it?  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Home Network Protection
sri_barence
Enthusiast - Level 1

Home Network Protection blocked my OneDrive for Business, so I turned it off.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

This is one of the issues I warn people about.

McAfee and Norton Symantec are the worst programs to install or use. They are overly intrusive and hard to remove.

in this case I would try looking on the net (google) to get the proper number to call for assistance removing it. It will not be easy. It is yet another way to make money on verizons part. 

On a windows machine access the router and see if it is showing and then be able to turn it off. 192.168.1.1 

0 Likes
sri_barence
Enthusiast - Level 1

Home Network Protection blocked my OneDrive for Business, so I turned it off.

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes