Home page loading slowly
Pooch72

I have a recently  new computer with windows 7,  Norton internet security and 25/15Mbps  connection to Verizon Fios.  It was running fine when we hooked everything up.  The Verizon home page is taking several minutes to load. We were able to click the e button and it came right on now it doesn't. Takes approx 2 minutes to load the home page now. It seems to be taking longer each time we try to  load the home page. Once it loads we can move around  to websites just fine.

There is a small spinning circle on the screen until the page finally loads.    I have tried all the connectivity issues. Speed optimizer isn't working because of the windows 7. I have shut off the modum and restarted.  I have used in home agent and the all the online trouble shooting.  I spent the last two hours trying to resolve this.  I even went to Norton and  and they checked out their program and it is running fine.

Any ideas before I start the phone call circle thru Verizon support?

Thanks!!!

0 Likes
Re: Home page loading slowly
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

When opening IE, does it take a long time for the window to pop up? Or does it pop up instantly but stay blank for a while?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

download google chrome,  I bet you it will open faster.   probably just an IE thing. 

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Pooch72 wrote:

. Speed optimizer isn't working because of the windows 7. 

Any ideas before I start the phone call circle thru Verizon support?

Thanks!!!

Optimizer has been working with windows 7 for a couple of months.  If you are having an issue with it maybe you're not running it in admin mode

see attachment

0 Likes