Horrible Internet speed
beemok88

This is the worst nightmare since i have installe fios. i signed up for 50/20 fios and getting the average speed of 1 to 2 meg.

I have tried to contact their tech support. The average waiting time is more than 30 to 40 minutes. It is almost impossible to get someone on line to help you out. I have tried all those options they recommended on their website. Their customer serviceis horrible and can't get anybody. This is the real breach of contract, i am trying to switch to comcast to break the contract. it has been about a month since i installed this slow internet service.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Horrible Internet speed
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried the classic reboot ONT step before calling Verizon? To do that you simply unplug the ONT from your home's electrical power, and then disconnect the battery found in the Battery Backup unit. From there, re-connect it after waiting about 30 seconds in the opposite order.

If this solves the problem, then great! If it happens routinely, Verizon will likely need to replace it. Away from that, consider posting a speed test result and a traceroute to a popular website for us to start.

0 Likes
Re: Horrible Internet speed
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I think it's very unusual to get THAT low of a speed.   I don't think we see that all too often.    Are you wired or wireless?  and is it happening on all your machines, or do somethings test ok?