Horrible Verizon FiOS service south NJ - slow internet, excuses, I have no where to turn.....
mango7
Enthusiast - Level 1

My saga starts around 4pm yesterday, when out of the blue I noticed my download speeds are PAINFULLY slow. Now, mind you, my service has been lightening fast since I signed up in June. I'm on the 25/25 plan and have always recieved full speed. Suddenly, my upload is but a mere 1.5mbps but my UPLOAD has remained at my usual 20+mbps. 

I spend over 4 hours on the phone with tech support, we try EVERYTHING and still, the same result on 3 different computers. Same results every time. 

A technician comes out and replaced my ONT AND my actiontech router. We check the coax, we check the ethernet lines, everything is good. Still....the same results. 

He tells me that I'm the 4th customer today to have similar issues. Also, VOD is useless because my downstream is so choked!!! His other calls for my local area (Williamstown, Sewell, Sicklerville new jersey). He has heard of other techs with similar calls. I ask him when this will be fixed at the central office and he tells me he has no idea. Most likely it is a bad G-PON card he thinks. 

Now, let me just say that my tech (his name was Ed) was an AWESOME guy, and I am in no way blaming him. He did everything he could. He just could not tell me when some guy named Carlos that is a high up VZ tech would look into this. He couldn't even tell me if he WOULD look into it. This is insane. I'm paying for service that I CANNOT USE. I am paying for VOD, High Speed 25/25 internet....and they don't have a clue even if their techs will fix this.........

I am so livid right now you have no idea. I am seriously considering going BACK to the evil forces that are Comcast. 

Who else could I possibly call about this issue? 

Re: Horrible Verizon FiOS service south NJ - slow internet, excuses, I have no where to turn.....
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

could be a similar issue that was in chino hills california last week.

Try running a tracert from one of your computer to google and then post it here. Maybe we can see where the issue is and the techs here on the board are real good at getting things done

go to the command prompt and type

tracert www.google.com

and post your results so we can see

As for the rest. dont worry the problem WILL be fixed. They probably cant tell you when because they havent been able to track down the problem yet. it could take minutes or it could take weeks. just depends on how long it takes to track down the problem. But once the problem is identified then it will get repaired. But since they dont know the answers yet, they cant give them to you either.

0 Likes
Re: Horrible Verizon FiOS service south NJ - slow internet, excuses, I have no where to turn.....
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

mango7, Also paste some trace routes to verizon.net.  And if you could private message me your info. I will run with it on our end. Thanks Brett

0 Likes
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

mango7, I am looking into your issue now. Dont worry about the private message. Will post back shortly. Thanks Brett

0 Likes
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

mago7, anyway you can post some trace routes when you get a chance thanks. Brett

0 Likes
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

mag07, Could you please verify on your end that everything is good now & let us know. Thanks

0 Likes