Horrific Customer Service
Paulski1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I imagine like most people, I really don't appreciate being lied too, not only being lied too, but taken advantage of. It all started when I didn't receive my monthly email that I have a new bill to pay for my 15/5 fios internet. So I logged on to my account to see if it was ready, it was. I then noticed a bar on top of the navigation window stating that within the next 1-3 billing cycles, my monthly bill be going up again. My bill has been going up for the same internet service since I first signed up for Verizon in 2008. Seeing this made me think it was time to start looking at the competition out there. I have been a loyal customer and have never paid a bill late, and yet my bill keeps rising. Even when I called and verified the new charges will be taking place, I got a response that they are increasing the speeds to 15/15 “this weekend”, a speed I never saw when I would run speed checks. In my provider hunting, I saw Verizon offers 50/50 internet, bundled with local tv and showtime for $50 a month. I thought that was a great offer so I called to see if I could get that deal. Unfortunately that is only for new customers. Ok, I shopped around and found a new provider that I was a new customer for and called Verizon back to set up a date to turn off my service. I was transferred to retentions, I explained my situation and the lady responded that she could get me that $50 a month deal if I stayed with Verizon. I agreed cause thats a good deal. She put me on hold a few times to talk with her mangers and said she got me the deal and was even going to wave the activation fee, Great! In the same call she let me know the my first bill wasn't going to be correct and that she would personally call me when my bill comes due, around the 20th of September, to go over it with me and make the corrections necessary.

Well September 26th comes around and no phone call, no email saying my bill is due, nothing. I check on line and there it is, I have a bill due....for $157.03! I called Verizon and spoke with Maria. Maria put me on hold more then a few times to “research” what was going on with my account and low and behold the notes on my account shows I called and talked to someone on Aug 30th, then was transferred over to retentions, and thats where the notes stop. Nothing about being offered the $50 plan, nothing about waving the activation fee, nothing about free showtime, nothing about promised a follow up call, just nothing. I get the “that plan is only for new customers” speech again and get put on a hold a few more times and get an email with a new plan for $85.59 a month. Maria also said she was going to get me a discount of $40.05 but when i questioned that, I found out that was a one time discount so my monthly bill would still be $85.59. That was unacceptable so Maria looked into getting rid of the local tv since I dont use it and came up with a plan for around $75, only catch is the internet is only 25/25. Thats not what I was offered so I declined, I asked what my actual bill is so I can pay it and was told its $157.03. What happened to the discount? “Oh I think I can still get it.” “Ok so whats my bill going to be” “well if the managers approve the discount then you will get an email and just subtract the discount amount in the email from the $157.03” So here I am back at step one, only this time with a higher bill. I set a date for Oct 17 to have my service shut off. Thanks Verizon for lying to me, I think its time to sell my stock.

Re: Horrific Customer Service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes