How and where to file complaint against Verizon's customer service?
thelalu

I hate it that I had no one to give my business to other than Verizon in my area. 

I've had Verizon in early 2000s when FiOS was first available in my area, but the speed sucks so I was better off switching back to dial-up. 

Many years have passed so I thought I would try Verizon again as I've heard good things about them. I signed up for the bundle service in 2012, and it's been an internet living hell when you're paying $140 every month and had to struggle daily to get connected onto the slow internet that takes 3minutes to load Google search page if you're lucky (my plan is 50/25). 

I've had no internet connectivity on the 2nd floor of my house and I've contacted Verizon many times about it. 

First time I'm told the router they provided could cover 100K range, so the problem might be the internet speed. I naively believed them and upgraded my service and got myself locked for another 2year nightmare. 

Second time I contacted them I'm told their router could only provide good connectivity if you're within 20ft range. Intersting enough the tech who first installed the modem placed it at the farthest corner of the home that's tucked away from the rest of the house. I already told him that the internet sucked when I had Verizon FiOS when it first came out, but he said let's try place it there. So I think it's only reasonable to have Verizon to send someone to check and see if relocating the modem would solve my problem. The rep told me that can be done at a $154.98 service fees, all the same time does not guarantee that the internet issue will be fixed. 

The online customer service person I spoke to has shown no regards on HELPING me to SOLVE the problem; she sounded like she just wants to set up an appointment, collect the service fees, and be done with me. This is not the kind of customer service I expect from a respected carrier. I'm just a frustrated user who wishes the service provider could provide some kind of assistant on helping me utilizing their product. The customer service reps I spoke to has reflected poorly on Verizon, and it certainly tells me you guys don't care about your customers since I'm already trapped in a crappy contract, which you'll get the monthly fee or the termination fees, one way or another. Also, your reps are giving out conflicting and false information. And I'm left on my own to figure out a way to deal with this internet mess. I will be an advocate on the bad experience I've had with Verizon, and as soon as other companies start offering high speed internet in my area, I'll switch in a heartbeat and encourage all my neighbors and friends to give their business to someone who might care a little bit more about their customers. 

0 Likes
Re: How and where to file complaint against Verizon's customer service?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi thelalu,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Since we have yet to hear back from you, we have closed out your private support case. If you still require assistance, please feel free to post here so that we can assist you. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
rgismond
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel your pain. That is why we left them ............could not stand the poor customer service either. By the way, we have netflix. Although we had the step up internet connection, netflix was frequently buffering, ot the point that it was not watchable. When we switched over to a known long island competitor, netflix operated like a rocket. So that means I was paying for faster internet connection and getting much less than  I paid for.

Good luck. 

schmidtco

I don't know if this is going to get me anywhere but I'll try.  Let me start with I called in August because my internet is very slow and I wanted to see what I can do.  I have been a customer with Verizon for about 7 years. 

I was told I needed the 75/75 and I should upgrade my modem and my boxes and my bill will go up 20.00.  They were not charging me for the 75/75 it was a promotion and sent me all new boxes and remotes.  They said the only difference would be 20.00 and I said about 10 times my bill will be 250.00 with tax and they all agreed.  Then I got my statement emailed and it was 276.46 - I called they said it was a mistake it will be correct on the next bill - not to worry then I got a bill for 178.68 - I was excited but the next bill was 329.80.  I almost had a heart attack.  They said at that time - I had to pay for a month in advance - and I paid it like an idiot.  I did call and say my internet was not better with the 75/75 and I was told it would not be and who told you that.  you need to purchase a Hi Gain antenna from best buy or amazon and that would help.  So 50.00 later that didn't do much and false advertisement on the 75/75.

So in October I get another bill for 295.00 - and when I called I was told this is the bill and there is nothing I can do.  Even though my contract was supposed to be 250.00.  I asked to speak to a manager and was told he was the manager I said I have been with Verizon for 7 years and I'd hate to change carrier and he said do what you have to do.  So I hung up and called Cablevision. When I called Verizon to disconnect they said I owe them an additional 110.00 for breaking the contract which I think Verizon broke the contract.  They have not abided by any contract which was the bill should be 250.00 with tax and fees.  So I called and they said it is what it is and sorry to see you go.  Really???????

So at this point I am screaming from the rooftop - I think Verizon's customer service is horrible and has been for the last 7 years.  I don't know how you can be a service company. And I don't think I should be paying 110.00 do break any contract since you never gave me the contract we spoke about.

I did not want to send back all the new equipment I had just got in September and have to stay home an entire day to disconnect and connect with another carrier.  You should be paying me 110.00 for breaking your contract.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Macpak

i have been a long term fios customer who last month accepted a promotion from the customer rep in the phone to the ultimate hd package and internet speed of 75/75. I discovered that they did not give me the ultimate package but the preferred package. When I called the supervisor {edited for privacy}, she said she cannot help me. I have decided to move on to another provider this week. I asked verizon to replay my customer service call to validate what I said clearly they are either highly incompetent or not completely transparent.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Macpak

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
phonenightmare

I have serious complaints against Verizon and unfortunately this is not the first time. A few years ago Verizon screwed up my account saying I owed them money when in fact they owed me money. Once again they screwed up my payments (made both on line and by phone). My services have been disconnected again due to a verizon mistake. I won't go into detail because it's too confusing. The most recent dilema is that verizon did not credit a payment I made by phone on 9/30/14. As I said this is not the first time! Sometimes I sign into my account and it says 0 balance due then in the same day it says account past due. I have spent countless hours on the phone with verizon and no one has helped! I have the confirmation number for the payment and the PPD # from the bank. Today I got tossed around from one department to the next only to hear a message saying the office is closed and to call on monday. I do not have a job where I can be on the phone with verizon for hours trying, once again, to sort out their mess. Verizon is hurting many people by disconnecting my services. I am a psychologist and patients contact me 24 hours a day on that phone. I have to switch to another phone company, dealing with Verizo is unprofessional and disgusting!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi phonenightmare,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes